I love making homemade bread. I have been making it for years. It has taken me a while to come up with a gluten free recipe that tastes like regular homemade bread. This is my favorite by far!
I used my last 2 pieces of gluten free bread yesterday, so I had to make another loaf this morning. I keep it in the freezer and just toast a piece as I need it. There is not a store bought GF bread that I can eat since I am allergic to rice and corn and potatoes. Most GF breads and pastas use rice flour and eggs. My version is dairy, sugar and gluten free. I'll give you different alternatives for this recipe so you can adjust it to what you can eat.
Ingredients:
1 1/2 T yeast
3 T honey
1 1/4 c warm water (105-110 degrees F)
3 T melted vegan butter
2 eggs or 2T chia seed + 6T warm water
1 1/4 c gluten free oats
1 1/4 c brown rice flour or sorghum flour or millet flour or a combination
(You don't want to use a whole grain flour for this recipe - I used 1/2 c sorghum,
1/2 c millet and 1/4 c coconut flour)
1/2 c potato starch or arrowroot starch
1 1/2 t sugar or Splenda or 1/4 t Stevia
2 t xanthan gum
Directions:
Preheat oven to 200 degrees F, then turn oven off.
In a bowl, stir together warm water, honey and yeast. Let sit for 10 minutes.
Mixture should be foamy. If not, then your yeast may not be alive.
Let sit 5 more minutes and if not foamy, you may want to start over.
In mixer bowl, add oats, flours, starch, xanthan gum, sugar and salt. Mix.
Add eggs, melted butter and yeast mixture. Mix on low until well blended.
Then turn mixer up to med/high and mix for 3 minutes.
Spray loaf pan with olive oil spray or rub with olive oil. Pour bread mixture into loaf pan cover with a tea towel. Put in warm oven that is turned off and let rise until doubled.
Remove bread from oven and set in warm place. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Once oven is preheated, put dough in oven and bake for 25-35 minutes.
Remove from oven, turn pan on its side and allow to cool on a cooling rack for 20 minutes before slicing. Slice, then wrap in saran wrap, then foil and place in a large ziploc bag. Store in freezer and take out slices as you need them.
No comments:
Post a Comment