Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Grilled Meat Loaves

I was never a fan of meatloaf growing up. In fact I hated it! I can eat this recipe. Best meatloaf recipe I have ever tried. 

Ingredients: 
1 egg white or 1T ground Chia seed + 3T water, mixed
1/3 cup fat free milk (can use coconut or almond milk - if you are going for dairy free)
1 T prepared horseradish
1 bread slice crumbled or 1/3 c bread crumbs (can use gluten free bread)
1/4 cup grated carrot (don’t tell and they’ll never know it’s in there :)
1 1/2 tsp dried minced onion
1 tsp minced fresh parsley or 1/2 tsp dried parsley flakes
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1 pound lean ground beef
*(Can easily double recipe and use half ground beef and half ground turkey, which is what I did in the picture above)

Sauce: (optional)
2 T Ketchup
4 1/2 tsp brown sugar
1 T prepared mustard

Directions:

In a large bowl, combine the egg white (or chia mixture), milk and horseradish. Stir in the bread crumbs, carrot, onion, parsley, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Go ahead, use your hands. It will mix together much better :) Shape into 2 loaves. 

Grill loaves on aluminum foil for 8 minutes on each side or until no longer pink.
Remove foil and place loaves directly on grill. Cook a few minutes on one side and then turn over. Brush loaves with some of sauce. Cook 2-3 more minutes, then remove and slice. Serve with remaining sauce and some yummy side dishes. 


Serves 4

No comments:

Post a Comment