Saturday, February 9, 2013

Hash Brown Casserole

I have been making this for years. My family loves it. I usually make it when everyone is at home. We always have it for breakfast on Thanksgiving morning.
I can't eat it of course, because it has dairy and gluten, but I enjoy making it for everyone else.

Ingredients:
1 package frozen southern style hash browns (32 oz), thawed
8 oz shredded Cheddar Cheese
1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
2 cups sour cream
3/4 c butter melted, divided
salt and pepper
1/4 t paprika
2 cups cornflakes, crushed 

Directions:
In a large bowl, combine hash browns, cheese, soup, sour cream and 1/2 c butter.
Spread into a greased 13x9 inch pan. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and paprika. 
Combine cornflakes and remaining butter. Sprinkle on top.
Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment